Building 285
Fort Hunter Liggett, Calif. 93928
TEL: (831) 386-3009
FAX: (831) 386-2010


Monday - Friday: 0800 - 1500
Walk-ins Appointment only
Make appointments on-line - only

Click Here

Walk-in maybe seen between appointments.

Pin Reset:

Military - see your S-1 section for an appointment

Civilians - call first (2502/3009)

(Closed for Lunch
1200 - 1300 and All Legal Holidays)



312 9th Street
Camp Parks, Calif. 94568-5201
TEL: (925) 875-4918
FAX: (925) 875-4260


Monday - Friday: 0800 - 1600
By appointment only
(Closed for Lunch
1200 - 1300 and All Legal Holidays)

Click Here


For alternate DEERS sites, http://www.dmdc.osd.mil/rsl


  • DEERS (Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System) Enrollment/Updates
  • Common Access Card (CAC) Issuance (Military, Civilian, Contractors)
  • Dependent ID Cards
  • Retiree ID Cards
  • 100% Disabled Veteran ID Cards

The Department of Defense (DoD) provides members of the Uniformed Services with a distinct ID card identifying them as active duty or retired members and authorizing them to receive Uniformed Services' benefits. The DoD also issues members' eligible family members and other eligible individuals a distinct ID card authorizing them to receive Uniformed Services' benefits and privileges. Proper identification and documentation are required for services to be provided. Categories below list the required documents for identification card issuance.


ACTIVE DUTY/RESERVE/NATIONAL GUARD AND DoD CIVILIAN/CONTRACTOR EMPLOYEES (including appropriated and non-appropriated funded and direct and indirect hire foreign nationals)

  • A picture ID (Driver's license, State ID, Passport)
  • Government email address. This is an address ending in the following - us.army.mil (ARMY); af.mil (AIR FORCE), usmc.mil (MARINES), navy.mil (NAVY). Be sure to print clearly your full email address (not your display name). Your computer administrators can assist you with documenting your email address.
    • If you bring the wrong address and/or it is entered incorrectly, you will have to return later to correct it.
    • Personal email addresses (e.g., aol, yahoo accounts) will not be accepted.
  • A six (6) to eight (8) digit number to use as a Personal Identification Number (PIN. It should not be a number derived from something easily known about you such as part of your SSN, birthday or anniversary date of you or a family member, telephone number or address.

Note: If this is your first military, civilian, or contractor CAC or you have a status change (e.g. with military a change in component – reserve to Active Duty or change in branch), you will need to call in first to make sure you are entered into DEERS by your servicing personnel office. If you are not in DEERS, a CAC cannot be issued until you have been input, regardless if you have your enlistment contract or SF-50/75 paperwork. DD-1172s for contractors will no longer be accepted.

Trusted Associate Sponsorship System (TASS)

Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 promulgated a Federal Standard for secure and reliable forms of identification for Federal employees and contractors. This standard requires Federal identification credentials meet certain criteria to be considered a trusted Federal credential. Therefore, on July 31, 2006, the Defense Manpower Data Center (DMDC) disabled the ability of a Verifying Official (VO) to add contractors into DEERS. Contractors must use the Contractor Verification System (CVS) in order to obtain a CAC card. Combat Support Training Center (CSTC) ID Card Sections have been fully engaged with the new CVS system since October 31, 2006. Any DoD Contractors will need to contact their designated Trusted Agent (TA) or COR (Contracting Representative) assigned to their organizations to obtain a CAC card through CVS.

***Common Access Cards (CACs) are strictly accounted for. If a CAC is lost or stolen, you will need to report it to the police and to your unit commander immediately. A copy of the police report or letter from your commander verifying your identity and replacement request will be needed in order for a replacement CAC to be issued. No replacements will be issued without a valid police report.***


In compliance with Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12), the Department of Defense (DoD) will begin issuing the next generation CAC in October 2006. Pursuant to the President's mandate, the new HSPD-12 compliant card contains advanced technology which will enhance the security of Federally controlled facilities and computer systems and ensure a safer work environment for all Federal employees and contractors. For more information, visit www.cac.mil.


Previously issued military ID card or other picture ID; Retirement order, DD-214.


Note: Sponsor must be present to verify/re-verify dependents and sign DD Form 1172 (ID Card Application), regardless if a new or renewal ID card is being issued. If sponsor is not available, dependent must have an original Sponsor's Power of Attorney to sign for the sponsor in his/her absence or dependent must have a current, original, and signed DD 1172 from a sponsor's servicing ID Card Section, signed and verified by a DEERS verifying official and the sponsor. Form cannot be more than 90 days old upon issuance of dependent ID.


For initial issuance, an original or certified copy of marriage certificate or birth certificate, Social Security Card. If child is born out of wedlock, then a male sponsor must have a court order that established paternity and the child's birth certificate, DD 137-4, and an approved dependency and residency determination from Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS).

For renewal, bring in previously issued/expired ID and DD 1172 (if sponsor is not available).

CHILD, AGE 21-23

The child must be enrolled in college as a full-time student. An enrollment verification letter from the school Registrar's office certifying that student is enrolled full-time is required (see sample). The letter must provide the start date and the expected date of graduation. The letter must be on school letterhead. The sponsor must be present to sign DD Form 1172 (ID Card Application) or the spouse must have the sponsor's Power of Attorney to sign for the sponsor in his/her absence.


Dependency determination by Defense Finance and Accounting Services (DFAS) is required for a child 21 years of age who is incapacitated and for parents/parent-in-laws, provided the sponsor is supporting these dependents with at least 50% of their living expenses. A copy of the approved dependency determination is required for ID card issuance.

Incapacitated Child 21 years of age: DD 137-5, birth certificate, medical statement verifying the dependent's medical incapacitation is permanent or temporary, retirement order (if sponsor is retired), letter from the Social Security office verifying whether the child is receiving social security benefits, and if so, whose social security number the benefits are being received under.

Parent/Parent-in-Law: DD 137-3, sponsor's birth certificate (if it is the sponsor's parent), spouse's birth certificate and marriage certificate (if it is spouse's parent-in-law). If the parent has medical problems, a medical statement is required. If the sponsor is retired, retirement order or DD Form 214 is required in addition to the other document listed.

Wards of the Court: DD 137-7, Ward's original or certified copy of birth certificate, permanent court order signed by a U.S. judge granting the sponsor custody.


All newborns must be added to DEERS. An original or certified copy of the Birth Certificate or Hospital Proof of Birth and social security number are required.


Un-remarried former spouses can continue to keep their dependent ID card privileges provided they meet the following criteria: The marriage must have lasted at least 20 years and the sponsor must have served at least 20 years of creditable service for retired pay. The service and marriage must overlap by at least 15 years. The number of years overlapping in marriage and service determines the extent of benefits authorized. The former spouse must present an original or certified copy of a Marriage Certificate, Divorce Decree, sponsor's DD Form 214 or retirement order and picture ID.


Honorably discharged veterans (not entitled to retired pay), who are rated 100% disabled from a Uniformed Service-connected injury or disease, are entitled to an ID reflecting eligibility to commissary, exchange and MWR privileges only. These individuals are not entitled to medical care through the Uniformed Services. They receive their medical benefits through the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). In order to receive an ID card, a letter from the VA must certify that the veteran is entitled to commissary and exchange privileges and indicate whether a medical reevaluation is necessary. A copy of the DD Form 214 reflecting an honorable discharge and a photo ID are also required. Letters from the VA that indicate the veteran has been awarded 100-percent disability compensation based upon unemployability are NOT acceptable.


ID/CAC & DEERS Services

Building 285 California Ave
Fort Hunter Liggett, Calif. 93928
TEL: (831) 386-3009
FAX: (831) 386-2010


Download Forms


ICE Comments

To comment on MILPO – CAC – ID Card Section services, please click here. Interactive Customer Evaluations (ICE) are important to us. Help us, help you!

Page last updated Monday January 12th, 2015